Gluten free and vegan peanut butter banana monster cookies. An easy one bowl batter!
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 cups gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt*
- 1/2 cup chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana with the maple syrup and vanilla until little lumps remain.
- With a rubber spatula, stir in the peanut butter then fold in the remaining ingredients, besides the chocolate candies, until everything is well-combined. Fold in the chocolate candies.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out 12 cookies, then use your hands to gently shape and slightly press down each cookie. The dough will be slightly sticky.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, then allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before enjoying. Store leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
*If your peanut butter in not salted, I recommend adding a bit more salt to the batter.