Say hi to your new favorite fall dessert! This pumpkin chocolate chip mug cake is gluten free, dairy free, nut free, and takes 5 minutes to make! Yes please!
I couldn’t wait to share this one the minute I took a bite! It’s soo fluffy and has that perfect fall flavor. I’m obsessed with this one!
The perfect cozy hug in a mug. When you need a fall treat, but don’t feel like waiting or spending too much time in the kitchen. You’ll have this dessert ready in 5 minutes!
Because it gets so fluffy, it lasts longer than your average mug cake- more time to enjoy it! You could even cut this in half after cooking and serve it for 2 if you want a smaller treat!
Just don’t skip the cream cheese glaze 😉 It’s my favorite part!
To keep this recipe nut free and gluten free, I used a gluten free all purpose flour mix. I have not tested this with almond flour, coconut flour, etc., so I’m not sure what the results will be if you experiment a bit!
For the same texture as mine, I recommend sticking with an all purpose flour (you can use regular flour of course if you don’t need gluten free!)
You guys absolutely need to make this pumpkin chocolate chip mug cake! It’s a little slice of heaven and could not be easier to make. I’ll be making this all fall long 😉 Can’t wait to hear if you give this one a try!
Easy gluten free and dairy free pumpkin chocolate chip mug cake with a simple cream cheese glaze!
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup (1 tbsp for more sweetness)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Dash of cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1–2 tbsp dairy free chocolate chips*
For the cream cheese glaze:
- 1 tbsp softened cream cheese (vegan or regular)
- Splash of maple syrup, to taste
- Dash of cinnamon
- Milk of choice, as needed to thin
- In a large mug, whisk together the pumpkin, egg, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 2 minutes then allow to cool a couple minutes.
- While mug cake is cooling, mix together the cream cheese glaze ingredients. Spread over the top of the cake and enjoy!
*If you skip the chocolate chips, you will likely need to increase the maple syrup to add more sweetness to the cake.