A simple, cozy dessert that screams Fall! This gluten free apple crisp is a must make!
This apple crisp has the most delicious crumbly almond and oat cinnamon topping, and juicy cinnamon apples at the base. Add some vanilla ice cream and homemade caramel sauce and you’re in heaven!
You would be shocked at how easy this fall treat is to make! It’s essentially a one bowl recipe, and takes about 15 minutes to put together. Plus, it uses some pantry staples, so you may already have everything on hand!
Do I need to peel my apples?
While it isn’t essential, I definitely prefer the texture of the apples when they are peeled. So it’s highly recommended!
Can I sub anything for the almond flour or oats?
I have not tested any subs for the crumble topping. I recommend keeping it as is for the best texture and taste! However, you can always experiment! Let me know if you do!
The first time I made this, it was a perfect early Fall day. I enjoyed a slice outside with some dairy free vanilla ice cream and some of my vegan caramel sauce- it was absolute perfection!
This dessert reheats well and holds up in the fridge, so no leftovers will go to waste!
I truly cannot get enough of this apple crisp. The crunchy cinnamon topping with the soft, perfectly sweet apples is just to die for. It’s gluten free and refined sugar free- though you would honestly never know!
This dessert is the best comfort food. It’s perfect for weekend gatherings or a cozy night in at home. I am so excited for you guys to try this one!
The best and easiest gluten free apple crisp with an almond flour and oat cinnamon crumb topping!
For the filling:
- 4 cups Gala apples, peeled and thinly sliced (about 4 apples)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
For the topping:
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp cold butter, cut into small cubes
- Vanilla ice cream (dairy free or regular)
- Vegan/paleo caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the apple slices with all of the other filling ingredients until well combined. Pour mixture into a 9″ pie dish and spread out evenly (use a spatula to get all of the mixture out of the bowl).
- In the same bowl you mixed the apples in, mix together the almond flour, oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt. Add the maple syrup and cold cubed butter, then use clean hands to mix the butter into the mixture until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Spread the crumble topping on top of the apples. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until apples are bubble and topping is slightly browned (but not burnt). Serve with ice cream and caramel sauce (optional) and enjoy!