The perfect weeknight dinner, meal prep staple, or side dish for a family gathering. This quinoa bake is packed with roasted veggies, the best savory flavor, and it’s simple to make!
I cannot get enough of this quinoa dish right now! After making it the other day, I’ve been having it every day for lunch! With tofu, chicken sausage, fried eggs, avocado, anything I’ve got on hand! It’s super versatile and so delicious.
It’s satisfying and filling, while still being light. The veggies get perfectly roasted, and the fluffy quinoa goes perfectly with the feta cheese. If you can get your hands on some vegan feta, you can definitely make this vegan/dairy free!
This would be such a great fall or winter dish to bring to any holiday or family gatherings, but it’s also perfect for prepping on Sunday and enjoying throughout the week. It holds up well int he fridge and tastes just as amazing on day 4 as it does on day! Trust me 🙂
- Always be sure to rinse your quinoa in a mesh strainer before cooking. Some people have a bad reaction to quinoa when it’s not rinsed first!
- If you have some random veggies laying around you want to add in, go for it! You may need to adjust seasonings and add a bit more oil if needed- you can play around with it!
- To keep this dairy free I would opt for a dairy free feta, as it adds a lot of flavor to the dish!
- If you don’t cook with wine, you can swap with veggie broth instead. However, wine adds a distinct and delicious flavor (and all of the alcohol gets cooked off)!
My favorite part is the melty, broiled feta on top. It adds the best touch of flavor and bite. SO good!
This dish is cozy, nourishing, gluten free, and easy to make. It’s grain free, too, since quinoa is technically a seed that gets treated as a grain! This is one of those dishes that every one will be able to enjoy 🙂
I know this is about to be a staple in my house, and I think you guys are seriously going to love this too.
Be sure to let me know if you make this quinoa veggie bake by leaving a comment/rating below and tagging me on Instagram so that I can see! xoxoPrint
Roasted veggie, quinoa, and feta bake! The perfect dinner, meal prep, or party staple!
- 2 bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 + 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 8 oz crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a 9″x13″ baking dish, toss the bell pepper and the onion with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread out evenly in the baking dish, then roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- While veggies are baking, cook your quinoa according to the directions on packaging. Use the veggie broth in place of the water to cook the quinoa.
- Once the peppers and onions are roasted, remove from oven and stir in the baby spinach, garlic, Italian seasonings, and white wine. Add in the cooked quinoa, season well with salt and pepper and a dash of red pepper flakes, and stir until everything is well combined.
- Top with the crumbled feta and bake for another 20 minutes. Broil for 3-5 minutes at the end until feta is slightly browned. Serve and enjoy; store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.