Gluten free and dairy free easy lemon loaf with a simple lemon powdered sugar glaze!
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or sub butter or vegan butter), melted
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 large lemon (about 1 tbsp)
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour (I prefer this or this one)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (* make sure to omit if your flour blend already contains xanthan gum)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Optional for a poppyseed version: 2 tbsp poppyseeds
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup monk fruit powdered sugar (*see note for regular powdered sugar)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2–4 tbsp milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, almond milk, coconut oil, lemon juice and zest, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and sea salt. If making a poppyseed version, add them here as well.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until a mostly smooth batter forms.
- Pour batter into the greased loaf tin. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While loaf is baking, prepare the glaze. In a bowl, stir together the monk fruit powdered sugar, lemon juice, and milk until smooth. Add milk of choice as needed to reach desired consistency (I like it on the thinner side).
- Allow loaf to completely cool before transferring to a large plate and pouring the glaze over the top. For extra lemon flavor sprinkle with lemon zest.
*To sub regular powdered sugar for the monk fruit, you typically need to double the amount. Therefore, you may need to double the lemon juice and add a bit more liquid to achieve desired consistency and flavor.