Gluten free and dairy free lemon loaf- perfectly moist, lemony, not too sweet, fluffy goodness!
I have been wanting to get a lemon loaf recipe on the blog for you guys for some time now! I absolutely love anything lemon flavored- especially a lemon loaf or cake!
This one is gluten free, can be kept dairy free, and it’s nut free, too! It’s super simple to make, and the lemon glaze is quick and easy!
It’s light, refreshing, and just the right amount of sweet. So perfect with a cup of coffee or tea!
This lemon loaf has a bakery-style texture to it- you would never know it’s gluten free!
For the batter, you will use your favorite gluten free all purpose flour. I have not tried this with any other types of flour, and I don’t recommend any substitutions in order to get the best results!
The glaze can be made with either regular powdered sugar, or monk fruit powdered sugar (that’s what I used!). In the photos, the glaze is a bit thicker, however I tested this a second time with a thinner glaze and much preferred it that way! Just a little FYI 🙂
I can’t wait for you al to try this one! Enjoy xoPrint
Gluten free and dairy free easy lemon loaf with a simple lemon powdered sugar glaze!
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or sub butter or vegan butter), melted
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 large lemon (about 1 tbsp)
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour (I have not tried this with any other flours)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (omit if your flour blend contains it)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup monk fruit powdered sugar (*see note for regular powdered sugar)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2–4 tbsp milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, almond milk, coconut oil, lemon juice and zest, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, xantham gum, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until a mostly smooth batter forms.
- Pour batter into the greased loaf tin. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While loaf is baking, prepare the glaze. In a bowl, stir together the monk fruit powdered sugar, lemon juice, and milk until smooth. Add milk of choice as needed to reach desired consistency (I like it on the thinner side).
- Allow loaf to completely cool before transferring to a large plate and pouring the glaze over the top. For extra lemon flavor sprinkle with lemon zest.
*To sub regular powdered sugar for the monk fruit, you typically need to double the amount. Therefore, you may need to double the lemon juice and add a bit more liquid to achieve desired consistency and flavor.