Gluten free, dairy free, and paleo-friendly ice cream cookie sandwiches with double chocolate cookies!
For the cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (sub coconut oil or vegan butter for dairy free)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 + 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dairy free if needed)
For the ice cream sandwiches
- Any vegan or regular ice cream of choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the melted butter, egg, vanilla, and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the almond flour, cocoa powder, sea salt, and baking soda. It may seem like there is not enough liquid at first, but there is! Mix the dough for a minute or so until everything is well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into about 16 cookies on your parchment-line baking sheet, leaving a little space between each cookie. Shape the dough into balls, then slightly flatten with your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes; cookies will continue to set while cooling so be careful not to over bake!
- Allow to completely cool before making ice cream sandwiches. Leftover cookies can be stores in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days.