Gluten free, vegan, and paleo friendly cinnamon roll in a mug with a dairy free cream cheese frosting!
- 1/4 cup your favorite pancake mix (I used a paleo mix)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp butter (or ghee or vegan butter) melted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
For the cinnamon sugar swirl:
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
For the frosting:
- 1/2 tbsp vegan or regular cream cheese, softened
- Almond milk, to thin
- Small splash of maple syrup
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Grease a mug, then add pancake mix, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together with a fork.
- Whisk in almond milk, maple syrup, melted butter, and vanilla until batter is smooth. Depending on the pancake batter you use, you may need an extra splash of almond milk if it seems dry, but 2 tbsp was perfect for mine!
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut sugar and cinnamon. Pour the mixture into the batter, then use the tip of a knife to swirl it around.
- Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. If your microwave tends to overcook things, cook for a little less time!
- To make the frosting, whisk all ingredients until smooth. Transfer cinnamon roll from mug to a plate by gentle scooping it out with a spoon. Spread frosting on and enjoy!