The best gluten free cinnamon apple bread ever!
- 1 + 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch (aka tapioca flour)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 apples, peeled and diced into small pieced (Gala or Honeycrisp is best!)
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper (tip: spray the loaf pan first to help the parchment lay flatly).
- In a large bowl whisk the almond flour, oat flour, tapioca starch, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and powder, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining wet ingredients together, then mix into the dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms. Fold in the peeled and diced apples.
- Pour batter into your lined loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean (a few moist crumbs are fine; I baked mine for 53 minutes).
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then lift the loaf carefully by the parchment paper to transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing, as the bread continues to cook a bit while cooling.
- For the frosting, whisk all ingredients until smooth. Spread onto the loaf once it has cooled. Serve and enjoy!