Say hi to your new favorite summer treat! This gluten free peach and blueberry crispy is SO simple and crazy delicious.
The almond oat crumble topping is out of this world; it tastes like the best cross between pie crust and granola, plus it’s super simple to make. It’s made from almond flour and gluten free oats, plus a few other simple things like coconut sugar, maple syrup, and butter (I love this brand for a vegan butter option).
The peaches and blueberries get super soft and juicy, and the natural sweetness of the fruit is amplified from being cooked. I absolutely love a fruity dessert (especially with some vanilla ice cream!), and this is about to be one of my go-to summer treats.
This is one of those desserts that’s not overly sweet or rich; it’s perfectly light and fresh for summer with just the right amount of sweet. I am obsessed!
It’s perfect for holiday weekends, summer birthdays, weekend BBQ’s, or a Sunday night family treat. I’ll take any excuse to eat this peach blueberry crispy as often as possible lol.
Both the filling and the almond oat crumble are incredibly simple, and made with staple baking ingredients that I always have! All possible subs are listed in the recipe; I can’t guarantee results for any subs that are not listed! Baking is a science, but you can always experiment at your own risk!
This peach blueberry crumble is a classic, nostalgic dessert. It can be kept totally gluten free and vegan, and it takes about 20 minutes or less to prep!
I am so excited for you guys to get baking with this recipe! Be sure to leave a rating and comment below, and tag me on Instagram so I can see! xoPrint
Easy gluten free and vegan peach blueberry crisp. With a delicious refined sugar free almond flour and oat crumble topping, and juicy peaches and blueberries at the bottom.
For the filling
- 3 cups peeled and sliced peaches (about 5 peaches)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp arrowroot or tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the crisp topping
- 1 cup super fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats (gluten free, if needed)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp cold butter (regular or vegan), cubed*
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sliced peaches and blueberries with the rest of the filling ingredients until evenly coated. Transfer to an oval baking dish or 8×8 in. square baking dish.
- In a separate large bowl, use clean hands to mix the crisp topping ingredients together well until butter is evenly incorporated and everything is well mixed. This may take a minute or two.
- Spread the crumble topping evenly across the fruit filling and gently press it down.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until edges and top are golden and fruit is bubbly. Serve with vanilla ice cream or cool whip!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days; reheat in the oven.
*Coconut oil should work, but will slightly alter the taste.