Vegan and gluten free peanut butter chocolate mousse pie. With a quick and easy crunchy cereal crust!
For the Crust
- 1 cup crushed corn flake type cereal (measure after crushing; I used this brand)
- 1/3 cup butter (regular or vegan), melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
For the Filling
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 5 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (vanilla or plain)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Good pinch of sea salt
- Dairy free cool whip
- Roughly chopped dark chocolate
- Start by prepping the crust. Mix together the crushed cereal flakes, melted butter, and coconut sugar. Press into a pie dish with hands and/or the bottom of. a measuring cup until the bottom of the dish is covered and the crust comes up on the sides. Set in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- While crust is setting, prep the filling by blending all ingredients in a blender or food processor until super smooth. Set in the refrigerator separate from the crust until ready to serve.
- Once ready to serve, fill the crust with the chocolate mousse filling and top with cool whip and chocolate shavings. Use a sharp knife to cut- the first piece may be a little tricky but the rest will come out easily!
- Leftovers can be stores in the fridge, though the crust will lose some of its crunch. It is best served fresh, and not filled until ready to slice and serve!