Simple cauliflower and chickpea veggie burgers! Gluten free, vegan, grain free, and soy free.
- 1 head of cauliflower (about 3 cups), roughly chopped and steamed
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (can sub lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Optional: cayenne, to taste (for spicy burgers)
- Start by steaming your cauliflower until fork tender (about 10 minutes- it should be soft but still have a bite to it). Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, hemp seeds, and all of the seasonings. Set aside.
- Into your food processor, add your drained chickpeas and steamed cauliflower. Process until well combined but not completely smooth. You’ll want to leave some bits of chickpeas and cauliflower unprocessed to give the burgers texture.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cauliflower and chickpea mixture to the bowl with your other ingredients along with the olive oil and coconut aminos. Use a rubber spatula to fold everything together until well-combined.
- Form the mixture into 10 patties (be sure to pack them tightly), flattening to about 1/4″ thick and placing on your parchment-lined baking sheet about 1″ apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes, very carefully flip each burger with a spatula, then bake for another 20 minutes. Allow to cool and set for at least 10 minutes before serving. For reheating: bake in the oven/toaster oven until heated through, or cook each side in a skillet with a bit of oil.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or in the freezer with parchment paper between each burger for up to 3 months.