Soft and fluffy gluten free jalapeño cheddar bagels! No yeast required, and made with simple ingredients.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp oat flour (plus more for rolling out dough)
- ¼ cup tapioca starch (or sub arrowroot starch)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 + 1/4 cup plain, unsweetened Greek-style yogurt
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeños, roughly diced (more if desired)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar, divided
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the almond flour, oat flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, and sea salt until well combined.
- Fold in the yogurt, 1/2 cup of the cheese, and the diced jalapeños with a rubber spatula until well combined (it may take a minute). Dough will be sticky.
- Allow dough to chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Clean a work surface and sprinkle with oat flour. Turn the dough out onto the floured surface. Roll and knead the dough into one smooth ball. Sprinkle with more oat flour as needed if dough is still a bit sticky. Divide the dough into 5 equal pieces (or 4 pieces for larger bagels).
- To shape the bagels, roll out each piece of dough into a log, then join the two ends together to form a circle. Be sure not to spread them too thin.
- Place bagels on parchment-lined baking sheet and spray each bagel with oil (or brush each bagel with an egg wash). Sprinkle the tops with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes, or until tops are slightly golden, then allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing and toasting. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Please note, if a substitution is not listed in the recipe then I have not personally tested it, and therefore cannot guarantee what results you will get if substitutions are made!