Say hello to you new favorite simple recipe! Crunchy crackers with creamy basil ricotta, topped with prosciutto and a drizzle of honey for the most addicting and fun little bites!
This app is incredibly easy to make, and perfect for a crowd. The basil ricotta goes so perfectly with the salty prosciutto and sweet honey. So many good flavors in one little bite!
This is one of the last recipes of my Thanksgiving recipe round up. I’m so excited about all the recipes I was able to get up this past week, to hopefully make it to your family’s table :).
Here’s what’s new on the blog for Thanksgiving:
I haven’t tackled an actual turkey yet…I’m still taking advantage of my parents/aunts and uncles there. Maybe I’ll give that a stab next year! But for now, I wanted to hit you with some easy apps and sides to bring to the table. I can’t wait to hear what you guys make!!
These ricotta and prosciutto cracker bites just need a handful of ingredients. You can prep the ricotta in advance, and then quickly get them assembled before the party! So simple.
I used a gluten free cracker for mine, but feel free to use any cracker you love! I recommend a square or round cracker that’s a good size as a base to hold all of the toppings. Also, be sure to choose a plain cracker or one with a really simple flavor that will pair well with the other flavors going on!
The little thyme leaves make the cutest garnish. But, be sure not to put pieces with much stem on them- otherwise people might feel like they’re eating a twig and that could get weird.
Don’t leave out the drizzle of honey! The little touch of sweet really completes these little bites.
If you’re like me and this is the first year your responsible for contributing something to the Thanksgiving table…this recipe is a perfect choice! It’s fool proof and will definitely impress everyone at the party! Because we all need some good appetizers to hold us over for the main event.
Crunchy, sweet + savory prosciutto bites! The best simple appetizer.
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 packages of prosciutto (~6–8 oz total)
- 1 box of your favorite crackers
- Honey, for drizzling
- Fresh thyme leaves, for garnish
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Add the ricotta, basil, garlic, and sea salt to a food processor and pulse until smooth and very well combined. You’ll want to make sure the garlic clove gets mixed in well. Taste and adjust sea salt if needed.
- Top each cracker with a dollop of the ricotta.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut the prosciutto into smaller pieces to roll up and place on top of the ricotta.
- Sprinkle thyme leaves over the tops (be sure to use just the soft leaves and not the twig portion). Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Serve!
I do not recommend making these much in advance, as the crackers will get soggy.