I loveee a good brussels sprout and kale salad! This one is loaded with goodness, and tossed in the best creamy maple tahini dressing. So good!
I am apparently not your stereotypical dietitian…because this is the first salad recipe I have ever added to my blog LOL. I just love my warm and cozy foods (with healthy twists). But, this is the kind of salad I can thoroughly enjoy over and over. I love the crunch from the brussels sprouts and the almonds, plus the savory flavor of the parmesan in combination with the dressing. It doesn’t hurt that this salad is loaded with a variety of nutrients!
What’s in the dressing?
- Olive Oil
- Maple Syrup
- Apple Cider Vinegar
That’s it. SO easy, and ingredients I typically always have on hand (cue my favorite tahini mac and cheese, linked here).
This is a really big salad, making it perfect for a crowd. You can definitely cut it in half for a dinner salad– if you have some leftovers it holds up well in the fridge for a day or 2!
- Make sure your kale and brussels sprouts are super dry before tossing the salad. I like to rinse mine to wash them an hour or 2 before making the salad to allow them to air dry, then I make sure to pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Use a bag of pre-shredded brussels sprouts, but use a large knife to further shred the brussels sprouts a little more. If you end up buying whole brussels sprouts, a food processor with the shred attachment works great for this!
- Allow the dressing to sit for a little bit before tossing to help the flavors meld.
- It really helps to have a super big bowl to toss a salad this size! I love the one I have, linked below. It’s really big but perfect for this type of thing!
Serve this on it’s own as a side dish, or with some grilled chicken for a perfect meal. This is a total crowd-pleasing salad. You may even convert some anti-brussels sprout people! They add the perfect texture to the salad and increase the fiber/nutrients a ton, a great bonus.
This is a seriously delicious salad- you’re going to want to add this to your menus! Enjoy! xxPrint
The best brussels sprout and kale salad with creamy maple tahini dressing! A big salad perfect for feeding a crowd!
For the salad:
- 1 + 1/2 bunches of curly kale, finely chopped
- 12 oz bag shredded brussels sprouts, shredded further with a knife
- 1 cup shredded parmesan (optional for vegan)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup + 3 tbsp tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, more to taste
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Wash your kale and brussels sprouts ahead of time before chopping/shredding to make sure they are totally dry.
- Make the dressing. Whisk all dressing ingredients together until smooth. Allow to sit for flavors to meld.
- Use a large knife to shred the bigger pieces of brussels sprouts further. If you bought whole brussels sprouts, use the shred attachment of a food processor.
- Toss the kale and brussels sprouts together. Pat dry with paper towels if still wet. Toss in cheese, cranberries, and almonds until well tossed.
- Toss salad in dressing when ready to serve. Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 2 days.