Crunchy, sweet + savory prosciutto bites! The best simple appetizer.
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 packages of prosciutto (~6–8 oz total)
- 1 box of your favorite crackers
- Honey, for drizzling
- Fresh thyme leaves, for garnish
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Add the ricotta, basil, garlic, and sea salt to a food processor and pulse until smooth and very well combined. You’ll want to make sure the garlic clove gets mixed in well. Taste and adjust sea salt if needed.
- Top each cracker with a dollop of the ricotta.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut the prosciutto into smaller pieces to roll up and place on top of the ricotta.
- Sprinkle thyme leaves over the tops (be sure to use just the soft leaves and not the twig portion). Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Serve!
I do not recommend making these much in advance, as the crackers will get soggy.