Finally! A vegetarian, veggie loaded, version of the OG Taco Pasta! It’s simple, packed with nutrients, and so flavorful.
This vegetarian taco pasta is about to be your new fave dinner- or even a meal prep staple!
I wanted to make another version of one of my favorite recipes on the blog! This one is packed with tons of locally-sourced veggies that I ordered through Local Foods. I partnered with them on this recipe to support farmers who have been negatively impacted by the pandemic. This is such an important mission to that helps to life up our local communities- I was so thrilled when they asked me to be a part of it!
The veggies I received were all seasonal and so fresh- I knew I had to toss them into a simple pasta! My fave way to use a bunch of veggies!
This taco pasta gets it’s flavor from a simple, creamy blender sauce. The seasonings in the sauce are like a flavor bomb! Soo good. Be sure to follow the sauce recipe as written to get that perfect taco flavor!
Just cook up the veggies (directions in the recipe), and toss them with the sauce and any pasta you love. I used a brown rice bow tie noodle here, but I also love this with shell shaped pasta or penne noodles! For some extra protein, you can use a lentil or chickpea pasta, too.
The fresh corn is one of my favorite additions. Paired with the pasta and simple sauce- it really takes this to the next level. It’s light, summery, and so delish! The additional veggies add in lots of nutrients and fiber for a nourishing bowl of pasta heaven.
You can keep this gluten free if needed, or use regular noodles if that’s your jam!
If you can’t get your hands on 1 or 2 of the veggies- no worries! It will still be just as good 🙂 Make it work with what you’ve got, and support your local farmers if possible!
Be sure to tag me on Instagram, and leave a comment and rating below if you make this! It truly makes my day!
Easy vegetarian taco pasta! Made with gluten free pasta and a simple blender sauce.
For the Pasta
- 2 ears of corn, boiled (see directions below)
- 8 oz box of pasta (gluten free if needed)
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1/3 of a yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Sauce
- 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 /2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1.2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- dash of cayenne
- Start by making the sauce. Add all sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Next, boil the corn. To do this, cover corn with water in a large stock pot and bring to a boil. Allow to boil for 5-7 minutes, until cooked. Remove from water (keep water in the pot to cook the pasta) and set aside. Once cool enough to touch, use a knife to remove the kernels off the cob.
- Next, prep the remaining veggies for the pasta. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add the oil and onion. Allow to cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Stir in the jalapeño and zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, stirring occasionally, about 5-7 minutes. Finally, stir in the corn and the diced tomatoes. Turn off heat.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box using the boiling water from the corn (add more water if needed).
- Stir the drained pasta in with the veggies and the sauce until everything is well combined and sauce is gently heated through. Serve immediately and enjoy!