Easy vegetarian taco pasta! Made with gluten free pasta and a simple blender sauce.
For the Pasta
- 2 ears of corn, boiled (see directions below)
- 8 oz box of pasta (gluten free if needed)
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1/3 of a yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Sauce
- 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 /2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1.2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- dash of cayenne
- Start by making the sauce. Add all sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Next, boil the corn. To do this, cover corn with water in a large stock pot and bring to a boil. Allow to boil for 5-7 minutes, until cooked. Remove from water (keep water in the pot to cook the pasta) and set aside. Once cool enough to touch, use a knife to remove the kernels off the cob.
- Next, prep the remaining veggies for the pasta. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add the oil and onion. Allow to cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Stir in the jalapeño and zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, stirring occasionally, about 5-7 minutes. Finally, stir in the corn and the diced tomatoes. Turn off heat.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box using the boiling water from the corn (add more water if needed).
- Stir the drained pasta in with the veggies and the sauce until everything is well combined and sauce is gently heated through. Serve immediately and enjoy!