Slow, simple my mornings. My favorite. Made even better with a new go-to breakfast, caprese eggs.
This is the perfect gluten free, non-starchy breakfast option. Plus, it can easily be made dairy free using a dairy free cheese!
It’s packed with nutrients, filling, and the best flavor combinations. I cannot get enough of summer tomatoes paired with balsamic glaze. Too good!
Speaking of balsamic glaze…its something I always have in my cabinet (I get mine at Whole Foods or local specialty stores). It adds the best slightly sweet, acidic flavor on toasts, pizza, sandwiches, salads, etc. I am in love!
These caprese style eggs are simple to make, but feel so fancy. The best kinds of meals!
A few of you have served this over toast since I posted the recipe on Instagram, and I absolutely am trying that next time! Or maybe over an English muffin. Yum!!
If you don’t have balsamic glaze, you can sub a splash of regular balsamic! As for the base of greens, you can really use any you have 🙂 It adds a fresh bite while upping the nutrients of the meal. Win win!
Let me know what you think of this recipe below with a rating and comment if you try it out! xoPrint
Gluten free caprese eggs. A simple combination of tomatoes, mozzarella, eggs, and balsamic for a healthy and delicious breakfast.
- 1/2 cup arugula or baby spinach (or more)
- 1 large tomato
- Oil for the pan
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup mini fresh mozzarella balls, cut in half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Balsamic glaze, for drizzling (can sub regular balsamic)
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Slice tomato into about 1/4” thick pieces (you can serve as much or as little of the tomato as you’d like). Season the slices with salt and pepper and place over a bed of arugula or baby spinach.
- Heat a pan over medium heat with avocado or olive oil. Crack eggs into the pan to fry and season with salt and pepper; when the eggs are about halfway cooked, place mozzarella (dairy free or regular) on top of the eggs and cover the pan to melt the cheese. Cook until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serve the eggs over the tomato slices. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with fresh basil (optional).