Valentine’s Day truffles two ways! White chocolate peanut butter hearts, and raspberry stuffed peanut butter balls.
For the filling:
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey (or sub maple syrup)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/3–1/2 cup coconut flour
- Optional: raspberries for the center (fresh or frozen)
For regular chocolate coating:
- 1/2 cup or 4 oz chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
For the pink white chocolate coating:
- 8 oz white baking chocolate
- ~2 tbsp freeze dried strawberries, blended into a powder
- Line a baking sheet or large plate with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and sea salt until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut flour, starting with 1/3 cup. Check to see if you can roll into balls. If the dough is too soft to do so, slowly add in more coconut flour 1 tbsp at a time, up to 1/2 cup.
- For raspberry stuffed truffles: take some of the dough and press it flat into your hand, then place a raspberry in the center and roll into a ball around the raspberry.
- For heart shaped truffles: roll some dough into your hand to form a smooth ball, then shape into a heart (the first one may take some practice but you’ll get the hand of it! alternatively, you can use a heart-shaped mold.)
- Line the truffles on your parchment-lined baking sheet and set in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- For regular chocolate, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave or on the stove until smooth- be careful not to burn!
- For white chocolate, follow the melting instructions on the packaging (I melt mine on the stove). Pulverize your freeze dried strawberries in a blender or food processor into a fine powder. Add powdered strawberries 1 tbsp at a time to the melted white chocolate until desired color is reached.
- Using a toothpick, dip each truffle in the chocolate. Set in refrigerator until chocolate hardens. Enjoy!
*I did half chocolate, half white chocolate. To do this, just cut the chocolate coating ingredients in half, then melt 1 type of chocolate at a time and set the truffles back in the freezer while you melt the other type of chocolate.