Fluffy paleo and vegan sweet potato everything rolls!
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (peel and steam 1 medium potato- you may have some left over)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour/starch
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Olive oil
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Allow your sweet potato to mostly cool after steaming, then mash and measure out 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, mix together your almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder.
- Add in your mashed sweet potato and olive oil. Use a fork to mix everything together into a dough- it may take a minute or two and will be crumbly at first. Be patient!
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle a clean work surface with a little tapioca flour. Turn the dough out onto the floured surface, then roll and knead the dough for a minute until a smooth ball of dough forms.
- Separate the dough into 5 equal portions, then roll each portion in your hand into a smooth ball.
- Brush each ball of dough with a little olive oil, then generously sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then allow to mostly cool before serving. Store leftovers on the counter in an airtight container for up to 1 day, then in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Please note, I do not know what results you will get if flour substitutions are made!
I’m currently doing whole 30 and have been craving something bread like to hold me over& this was just what I needed! These are so delicious
So happy you could enjoy these 🙂 Thank you Victoria!
Not gonna lie… I ended up making more subs than I wanted, but the taste was 10/10! I am definitely going to try this again with all of your reco’d ingredients. They were delicious!
These are so good and super easy to make! Will for sure be making them again!
So delicious! Such a great alternative to typical dinner rolls. Any bread-kneading tips for an amateur? Have you tried making 6-8 smaller rolls from this recipe with success?
Hi , this recipe looks amazing. I want to try these. I was wondering if i could use the kitchen aid mixer to make the dough.
Hi! That should work fine!