Gluten free and dairy free Southwest Chicken + Sweet Potato Bowl Sheet Pan Meal with cilantro lime tahini sauce!
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into strips
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Cilantro Lime Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup filtered water (more, as needed to thin)
- 1 jalapeño, stem and seeds removed (use ½ for less spicy or skip the jalapeño if you don’t like spice)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Baby spinach or romaine lettuce
- Preheat Oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the taco seasoning, salt, pepper and olive oil together.
- In a large bowl, add sweet potatoes and peppers and toss with half of the seasoning and oil mixture. Spread on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Add chicken strips to the same bowl; mix with the remaining seasoning mixture. Add to the pan.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through to an internal temperature of 165°F and potatoes are cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, make your sauce by adding all ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until a creamy sauce forms. Taste and add more salt or pepper if needed.
- Serve your bowls with a base of spinach or romaine, avocado, and the roasted veggies and chicken, and drizzle with the cilantro lime tahini sauce. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.