Not to be dramatic, but…these soft pizza pretzels might change your life. ESPECIALLY if you have been needing some gluten free soft pretzel goodness in your life!
You will never believe these are gluten free- they are so soft and fluffy. And SO much flavor!!
The base of these soft pretzels are made with almond flour, oat flour, tapioca flour, and yogurt. Plus a handful of other simple ingredients. This combination of gluten free flours gives these the best soft and fluffy texture- so I do not recommend making any substitutions!
Dipping these in some marinara (or pesto. or cheese sauce.)- absolute heaven. These make for the perfect game day, Super Bowl, or weekend snack. Plus, you can easily double the recipe to feed a larger group!
I find making these types of recipes to be so therapeutic. I love rolling out the dough and shaping the pretzels. Have fun with it! And don’t worry about them being absolutely perfect 🙂 Plus, once you make these 2 or 3 times you will have the hang of it even more!
I cannot wait for you guys to get your hands on these pretzels!
They can be kept totally dairy free, but if you don’t need these to be dairy free you can use regular Greek yogurt and mozzarella cheese! Just always make sure you yogurt is plain and unsweetened
Again, I do not recommend making any substitutions that are not already listed in the recipe. Otherwise, I am not sure what results you will get!
You are going to be obsessed with these soft pizza pretzels! ENJOY and let me know if you give these a try 🙂Print
Super fluffy gluten free soft pizza pretzels! Made with yogurt and yeast free!
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp oat flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch (can sub arrowroot starch)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 + 1/4 cup plain, unsweetened Greek-style yogurt (dairy free or regular, see note*)
- 1 tbsp honey
- Optional: 1/3 cup roughly chopped sundried tomatoes (I like to use the kind packed in olive oil)
For the topping:
- 1 egg, whisked (for egg wash)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (dairy free or regular)
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the almond flour, oat flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, sea salt, basil, oregano, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and black pepper until well combined.
- Fold in the yogurt honey with a rubber spatula until well combined. If adding the sundried tomatoes, add those in at this step as well.
- Allow dough to chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Clean a work surface and sprinkle with oat flour.
- Turn the chilled dough out onto the floured surface. Roll and knead the dough on the floured surface into one smooth ball then divide the dough into 7 equal portions.
- Roll each portion out into a log about 8″ or 9″ long, sprinkling your work surface with more oat flour as needed if dough is sticking a bit. Fold each end of the log over to form a pretzel shape.
- Place each pretzel on the parchment-lined baking sheet and brush each pretzel with the egg wash. Sprinkle mozzarella on each pretzel.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes, until cheese is melted and bottoms are slightly browned. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before enjoying. Serve with marinara, pesto, or cheese dip!
*For dairy free yogurt, make sure it is a thick Greek-style plain yogurt! I like to use the Kite Hill brand, but make sure it is their Greek-style version and not the regular. Sometimes dairy free yogurt requires an extra bit of oat flour when rolling the dough out!