My new favorite weekend pancake recipe! They’re light and fluffy, and the flavor is just like the banana pancakes my mom always made growing up!
They’re gluten free, grain free, and refined sugar free. They can be made dairy free, but I’m ALL about that buttery goodness in my pancakes! And they’re simple! Simple is always best in my book.
I have not tried these with any flour substitutes- you are always welcome to experiment but I cannot guarantee the results! Some of you have made these with regular AP flour as well as with oat flour and have said you loved them!
Let me know if you give these a try below! 🙂Print
Light and fluffy paleo banana chocolate chip pancakes!
- 2 eggs⠀
- 1 + 3/4 cup milk of choice ⠀
- 2 tbsp ghee (or butter/coconut oil), melted ⠀
- 1 tsp vanilla extract ⠀
- 1 + 1/2 cups cassava flour (I haven’t tried these with any other flours) ⠀
- 1 tbsp baking powder ⠀
- 1 tsp sea salt ⠀
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced ⠀
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips ⠀
- Whisk together all of the wet ingredients until smooth, then whisk in the dry ingredients (besides banana and chocolate chips) until a smooth batter forms and most of the lumps are gone. The batter will be thin- that’s ok!⠀
- Let batter sit for 5-10 minutes, then heat a large non stick skillet or griddle and lightly grease with avocado or coconut oil or butter. ⠀
- Pour batter 1/4 cup at a time, then add some chocolate chips and banana slices. Cook until pancake starts to bubble, the. Flip and cook until cooked through.