Gluten free and dairy free healthy peanut butter muffins! Lower in sugar, made with simple ingredients, and perfectly moist + sweet! These muffins are out of this world good and will be your new favorite snack!
One bite of these PB+J muffins and I was in absolute HEAVEN!! They are so good I cannot even explain it! The peanut butter and jam swirly top, the perfectly sweet (but not too sweet) muffin, and the moist center. Everything I want in a muffin, and more!
Peanut butter and jelly will truly never get old in my eyes. It’s the ultimate combo of sweet and salty. I have been dying to make some more recipes with the classic combo in mind, so I am so excited to share these muffins with you!!
I mean, how gorgeous is that swirly jam top!? I just can’t get over how pretty these muffins are!!
For the muffin base, you will need:
- Almond flour
- Oat flour
- Peanut butter (be sure to choose an unsweetened version, and no oils added!)
- Maple syrup
- Greek-style yogurt (dairy free will work, as long as it’s thick!)
- Your favorite jam
- Almond or oat milk
And a few other simple baking staples! They’re simple, made with pantry-staple ingredients I love to keep on hand, and healthier than your average muffin. Yes please 🙂
For the jam, I love to use strawberry jam. However, you can really use any flavor (and brand) that you love! Next time I think I’ll try these with a raspberry jam!
As far as peanut butter, I always try to choose a natural peanut butter without any oils or sugars added. I used crunchy peanut butter for these muffins and it gave the BEST crunch! But creamy peanut butter will be just as delicious in these muffins!
Can I use something in place of peanut butter?
You can, as long as you don’t mind it not having that classic pb+j taste! I kept these as low in sugar as possible, and I feel the peanut butter flavor really helps them to still taste sweet and full of flavor! I did make a batch of these with maple pecan butter from our local farmer’s market, though, and they were amazing!!
These gluten free pb+j muffins make an amazing pre-workout bite, an after school snack, a dessert for your post-dinner sweet tooth, or a really fun addition to a breakfast/brunch! Everyone will love these, and no one will know they are healthier or gluten free! They’re soft, light, fluffy, and have the best flavor EVER. Even little ones and picky eaters will devour these muffins. Trust me!
If you give these a try, it means so much to me if you leave a rating and comment below, as well as tagging me on Instagram so I can see what you make! 🙂
As always, I recommend keeping the recipe as written for best results. Any substitutions will likely result in a different texture, taste, and bake time!
Gluten free and dairy free healthy peanut butter and jelly muffins! Easy, not too sweet, perfectly moist, and so delicious.
- 1 + 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (a thick dairy free yogurt will work; vanilla or plain)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond or oat milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (plus more, for topping) (smooth or crunchy will work)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ~12-16 tsp jam (I use strawberry)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 16 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt together.
- Whisk in the yogurt eggs, apple sauce, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla until a smooth batter forms.
- Scoop the batter evenly into your cupcake liners. Add about a tsp of jam and a tsp of peanut butter on top of each muffin, then use a knife or a tooth pick to gently swirl the jam and peanut butter.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for longer.