Gluten free and dairy free healthy peanut butter and jelly muffins! Easy, not too sweet, perfectly moist, and so delicious.
- 1 + 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (a thick dairy free yogurt will work; vanilla or plain)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond or oat milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (plus more, for topping) (smooth or crunchy will work)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ~12-16 tsp jam (I use strawberry)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 16 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt together.
- Whisk in the yogurt, eggs, milk, apple sauce, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla until a smooth batter forms.
- Scoop the batter evenly into your cupcake liners. Add about a tsp of jam and a tsp of peanut butter on top of each muffin, then use a knife or a tooth pick to gently swirl the jam and peanut butter.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for longer.