Gluten fluffy maple cake bars with a yogurt cream cheese frosting. Dairy free options and refined sugar free!
- 1/3 cup butter, melted (or sub vegan butter- you want the butter flavor for this one so I don’t recommend coconut oil!) ⠀
- 2 eggs ⠀
- 1/3 cup maple syrup ⠀
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar ⠀
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt (can sub dairy free yogurt or sour cream) ⠀
- 1 tsp vanilla extract ⠀
- 1 + 1/3 cup fine almond flour* ⠀
- 1/3 cup + 3 tbsp oat flour* ⠀
- 1/3 cup gluten free old fashioned rolled oats ⠀
- 3/4 tsp sea salt ⠀
- 1 tsp baking soda ⠀
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- Small splash of vanilla extract
- Cinnamon and coconut sugar for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8x8in square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter, eggs, maple syrup, coconut sugar, yogurt, and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix in the remaining dry ingredients, and stir until a smooth batter forms.⠀
- Pour the batter into 8×8 baking dish and use a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing. Don’t skip this cooling process, or your cake will not hold together well.
- While cake is cooling, whisk the frosting ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth. Once cake is cooled, spread frosting on top and sprinkle with cinnamon and coconut sugar (optional). Slice into 12 squares. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
*I have not made this with any flour substitutes. I cannot guarantee the results when substitutes are made!