Dairy free, grain free broccoli and sweet potato breakfast biscuits!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 14 oz ground chicken breakfast sausage (NOT sausage links- this will be raw and ground like when you buy ground turkey or chicken)
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup of broccoli, diced into tiny pieces
- 1 cup shredded sweet potato (I shred mine on a box grater)
- 1 cup chopped fresh baby spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Small handful of chives (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Heat a large pan over medium heat, add avocado oil. Once hot, stir in chicken sausage, broccoli, and onion.
3. Cook, stirring frequently and breaking up sausage for 7 minutes. Set aside to cool then stir in the shredded sweet potato and spinach (do not return to heat).
4. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl, then stir in almond flour, baking powder, seasonings, and veggie/chicken sausage mixture. Stir until well combined. The better will be wet- that’s ok!
6. Scoop out mixture onto parchment paper (I use a large cookie scoop here since the batter is wet), into 12 biscuits. Gently shape each biscuit with hands after scooping out the dough.
7. Bake for 14-16 minutes, until set and cooked through. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.