Easy gluten free and yogurt pumpkin bagels!
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp oat flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup siggi’s plain 0% yogurt (or sub the pumpkin & spice flavor)
- ¼ cup pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp maple syrup*
Optional topping: avocado or coconut oil spray + cinnamons sugar
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the flours, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and sea salt until well combined.
- Stir in the yogurt, pumpkin, and maple syrup with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Allow dough to chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Clean a work surface and sprinkle with oat flour. Turn the dough out onto the floured surface and knead the dough into one smooth ball, then divide the dough into 4 pieces, or 5 pieces for a bit smaller bagels.
- To shape the bagels, roll out each piece of dough into a log, then join the two ends together to form a circle. Be sure not to spread them too thin, and add more oat flour as needed if dough is sticking.
- Place bagels on parchment-lined baking sheet and lightly spray the tops with avocado or coconut oil (optional).
- Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar once out of the oven, then allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Store leftovers on the counter for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Note, if you want these bagels to be sweeter, add 1/4 cup coconut sugar to the batter in addition to the maple syrup.