You guys know I love to sneak in those extra veggies wherever I can! This cozy vegan tomato soup is made creamy with cauliflower, white beans, and cashews for a silky-smooth texture and a nutrient-dense meal!
I am seriously so excited for you guys to make this recipe. I’m craving alll the cozy foods, and this soup certainly did not disappoint. Pair it with soem buttery sourdough and you’ll be in absolute heaven!
You would never know there are extra veggies in this soup- you can fool the pickiest eater with this one while providing a super nourishing meal.
It’s the most delicious and comforting meal for a chilly day. I am in love with this tomato soup!
For the final step to get the soup creamy, I prefer to use an immersion blender. You can also use your regular blender, but I love my immersion blender for soups! You can keep everything in your pot and blend away to get a super smooth texture. Highly recommend having one in your kitchen!
The extra little steps in the recipe are totally worth it. It’s actually really simple to make, and I find the process to be therapeutic. Anyone else feel like this in the kitchen!?
Plus, it will leave you with a good amount to feed the family or have on hand for meal prep. Win win!
Let me know if you get a chance to make this delicious creamy vegan tomato bisque. I know you guys are going to love this one as much as I do! Leave a comment and rating below if you give it a try- it means so much to me 🙂 Thanks friends! ENJOY!Print
Creamy vegan tomato bisque with some hidden veggies and white beans for a nutrient-dense, creamy, and cozy soup!
- 1 + 1/2 lb cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1+1/2 – 2 lb tomatoes (any variety), sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, smashed and peeled (not minced)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salty divided
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup raw cashews*
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed (any variety)
- 1 cup milk of choice**
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (28 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes and their juices
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Soak cashews in some water before starting the rest of the soup. Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cauliflower florets, sliced tomatoes, onion, and garlic to the pan. Drizzle with 3 tbsp of olive oil, 1/4 tsp of the sea salt, and black pepper. Toss everything with your hands until well combined, add an extra drizzle of olive oil on top, and roast for 40 minutes.
- When the veggies in the oven have 10 minutes left, heat a large heavy bottom pot over medium heat. Add the broth, the canned tomatoes, Italian seasonings, 1/4 tsp sea salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, drain the cashews and add to a blender with the drained beans and milk of choice. Blend until smooth and creamy, then add to the pot with the simmering broth and tomatoes.
- When the veggies are done roasting, use tongs to carefully transfer them to the pot with everything else. You can either use an immersion blender, or add the soup in batches to the blender until you have a smooth and creamy soup. Turn off heat, stir in the lemon juice, taste and adjust seasonings as needed, and enjoy!
*If you have a high speed blender, you can soak the cashews in water while the veggies cook. Otherwise, you may need to soak the cashews for 5+ hours if your blender is not high speed.
** Be sure that your milk is not flavored or sweetened in any way, as this will have an off taste in the soup.