Easiest creamy vegan avocado pasta. Super green and packed with nutrients. One of those recipes I make almost weekly but never wrote down an actual recipe for; I’m finally sharing the deets with you all!
This is such a good staple recipe to have on hand for days you don’t feel like cooking much, but want something nourishing and delish.
Even picky eaters will love this one! It has a delicious lemony flavor, and if you add fresh basil it tastes like a creamy pesto pasta! I make this often with and without basil, though, as it’s so tasty either way!
The nutritional yeast lends a sort of “cheesy”, savory flavor. You can skip it by using parmesan if you don’t need this to be vegan!
Don’t forget to season your pasta water well with sea salt, as you’ll be using some of it to thin out the sauce. Otherwise, it will make the sauce taste a bit bland.
I love to pair this with a chickpea or lentil pasta for a protein boost, and any veggies I have on hand. Think broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, kale, etc. It’s super versatile and so good every time!
Easiest every creamy avocado pasta. Dairy free, healthy, and so delicious!
- 8 oz pasta of choice
- Reserved pasta water, as needed
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasonings
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Optional: small handful of fresh basil
- Cook your pasta according to directions on box. Just before draining pasta, reserve 1/2 cup of the starchy pasta water and set aside.
- Into your blender, add all of the remaining ingredients with 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water. Blend until super smooth, adding more water as needed.
- Mix sauce with your pasta, top with vegan parmesan (optional), and enjoy!