Creamy, flavorful paleo tortilla less soup. Loaded with chicken and veggies, and made with super simple ingredients!
- olive oil (for Instant Pot recipe)
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or veggie broth
- 1 large zucchini, diced (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced and seeds removed
- 2 (10 oz) cans of diced tomatoes with jalapeño and cilantro
- 1.5 lb of boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to tase
- 1 –14 oz can of full fat coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- Optional: large handful of fresh cilantro, cayenne pepper to taste for more spice
- Add the chicken breasts to a crockpot and season with the salt. Add all other ingredients BESIDES coconut milk, cilantro, and lime juice on top of chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, then remove chicken and shred it with 2 forks.
- Stir in coconut milk and lime juice. Optional: use an immersion blender to blend up some of the soup. Add chicken back to the soup and stir. Add fresh cilantro (optional) and serve!
Instant Pot Instructions
- Turn on the sauté setting of the Instant Pot, add a splash of oil and stir in the onion and garlic. Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in all other ingredients BESIDES coconut milk, lime juice, and cilantro. Give everything a good stir.
- Set to pressure cook on high for 14 minutes. Once 14 minutes is up, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes by keeping the Instant Pot on “keep warm” setting, then manually release remaining pressure.
- Open the lid carefully and remove chicken and shred with 2 forks, set aside. Stir in coconut milk and lime juice. Optional but recommended: use an immersion blender or transfer some of the soup to a regular blender to blend some of the soup. Stir chicken back in, top with cilantro (optional), and serve.