A staple weeknight dinner. This healthy taco pasta is simple, delicious, and full of flavor. Can you really go wrong with combining two of the world’s greatest foods?
This is one of your guys’ favorite from the old site- I was so excited to remake and reshoot this one for the site, and now I will definitely be making this way more often because WOW it is delish. And superrr simple! You guys know I’m all about those easy blender sauces (my other favorite is my creamy vegan tomato sauce, linked here).
The light and creamy taco pasta sauce is made using siggi’s plain 0% yogurt. Siggi’s is higher in protein and lower in sugar than other yogurt brands- and every product they make is just so good and made with only simple ingredients. I love using this yogurt in this recipe, because it packs a solid 16g of protein! If you choose to leave this dish meat free, the fact that there is protein right in the sauce is pretty great for a nutrient-dense, balanced meal! The super thick texture of the plain 0% yogurt makes this sauce silky smooth and creamy.
I always have a handful of siggi’s single serve 5.3 plain yogurt’s in my fridge- they make for the perfect snack or breakfast addition. That single serve size also goes into this sauce- so i pretty much have all of the pasta sauce ingredients on hand, always! I absolutely love a flavorful pasta dish like this when I come home from a busy day. It’s easy to throw together, and a meal that even the pickiest eater will love!
You can really customize this dish. If you don’t want it spicy at all, leave out the cayenne and jalapeños (or add extra if you want extra spice!). You can also keep this vegetarian by leaving out the meat- simple as that! Plus, you can stir in extra veggies you have on hand if you want. Think bell peppers, spinach, kale, or zucchini. Whatever you like!
If you love this recipe, it would mean so much if you could rate/comment below! Enjoy! xoPrint
Healthy taco pasta. A quick and simple blender sauce for an easy weeknight dinner!
- 8 oz box of pasta (gluten free if needed)
- 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 single serve siggi’s plain 0% or 2% milk fat yogurt (5.3 oz)
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1.2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- dash of cayenne
- Optional: 1 lb precooked ground beef or turkey
- Optional for garnish: green onion or chives, sliced jalapeño, cilantro
- Cook pasta according to directions on box. If you are using ground beef or turkey, brown the meat while waiting for water to boil and pasta is cooking (season with just salt and pepper; ground turkey will need some oil in the pan). Cook until no longer pink.
- Next, make the pasta sauce by blending tomato sauce, yogurt, water, and all of the seasonings in a blender. Taste and adjust spice and salt to personal preference.
- Strain pasta, then stir in meat. Pour in pasta sauce and stir until everything is well combined. Option to garnish with jalapeño and green onion or chives.