Crunchy gluten free biscotti dipped in white chocolate and crushed strawberries!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup + 3 tbsp oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 1 tbsp almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted (can sub butter)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the white chocolate coating
- 8 oz white chocolate (about 1 cup), broken up into small pieces (or sub white chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup freeze dried strawberries, blended into small crumbs
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg with the coconut sugar, almond milk, coconut oil, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until well combined. The dough will be sticky. Set dough in freezer to chill for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle with a little oat flour.
- Turn the chilled dough out onto the floured parchment paper. Get your hands a little damp, then press the dough into an 11-inch by 3- or 4-inch rectangle (it should be about 1/2″ thick).
- Bake for 20 minutes, until edges are slightly golden. Remove from oven (keep the oven on) and allow to cool for 10 minutes. With a sharp knife, carefully slice the log on a slight angle into 1/2-inch biscotti slices.
- Turn each biscotti cut side up and return to the oven for 8 minutes, then turn each biscotti over and bake for an additional 8 minutes, until slightly crisp and golden. The biscotti will continue to crisp up as they cool, so be careful not to over-bake! Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Once the biscotti are cooled, crush the freeze dried strawberries in a blender into crumbs and transfer to a small bowl.
- Next, line a baking sheet with parchment paper then gently melt the white chocolate. To do this, use a double broiler OR fill a small sauce pan half way with water and place a bowl with the chocolate on top of the sauce pan. Heat the water, but don’t bring to a boil, and stir the white chocolate until melted and smooth. Remove bowl of white chocolate from on top of the pan. Dip each biscotti in the white chocolate and lay on the parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with crushed berries. Transfer to refrigerator until chocolate is set. Store cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days.