Gluten feee and vegetarian tofu pot pie with a fluffy almond flour biscuit topping!
For the biscuit topping:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted (can sub vegan butter)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- More butter, for brushing the biscuits
For the filling:
- 3 tbsp butter (can sub vegan butter)
- ½ of a medium yellow onion, finely diced
- ½ (14 oz) package of House Foods Organic Firm Tofu, diced into small cubes
- 1 cup Yukon gold potatoes, diced into small cubed
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme, stems removed
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- Start by making the biscuit dough. In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, and milk. Stir in the almond flour, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder. Set dough in the refrigerator to chill.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a 9” pie dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the butter. Stir in onion, potatoes, tofu, and garlic. *Make sure your tofu and potatoes are cubed into small pieces. Season with the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Allow to cook for 8 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour, then slowly pour in your vegetable broth while continuing to whisk. Add your milk of choice and the fresh thyme leaves. Give everything a good stir, then allow to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Stir in your frozen mixed vegetables and allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Carefully transfer your filling to your greased pie dish. Using a cookie scoop to scoop our 8 biscuits on top of the filling. Brush each biscuit with melted butter.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, until filling is bubbly and biscuits are slightly browned and cooked through. Serve and enjoy!