A delicious Autumn pizza with sweet potato, red onion, kale, ricotta, and melty cheese. The best flavor combination, and so easy to make!
- Gluten free pizza crust of choice (I used this one)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- ~ 1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1–2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of shredded Italian blend cheese (plus more, as needed)
- 2 handfuls of thinly sliced kale
- Ricotta, about 3-4 oz
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss thinly sliced sweet potato and red onion in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until soft. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Make pizza crust according to directions on packaging/recipe for the crust you are making.
- When it is time to add your toppings after the first bake of the crust, spread the top of the crust with olive oil and minced garlic. Sprinkle on about half of the shredded cheese, then add the roasted sweet potato and red onion (you may not end up using all of it) and the chopped kale. Add some dollops of ricotta on the toppings, then sprinkle with remaining cheese (if you feel like you need more cheese than called for, feel free to add more). Return to oven and bake according to your pizza crust instructions. Optional: broil at then end for 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese (be careful not to burn!). Serve with red pepper flakes and enjoy!