The most delicious chopped Fall salad with a simple honey mustard dressing!
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove of garlic, minced or grated
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
For the crispy chickpeas
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained, rinse, and pat dry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
For the salad
- 2 cups finely shredded raw Brussels sprouts*
- 5 leaves of kale, stems removed and finely shredded
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 large apple, diced into small pieces
- Handful of roughly chopped roasted and salted almonds
- 2 tbsp shredded or grated parmesan, divided
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Dry your chickpeas with a clean kitchen towel, then spread out on a baking dish and toss with the olive oil and salt and pepper (don’t add garlic powder yet). Roast for 20-30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes, until crispy. Toss with some garlic powder once they are done roasting. Set aside.
- Make the dressing by adding all ingredients to a jar and giving a good shake. Set aside.
- Add your shredded Brussels sprouts, shredded kale, green onion, and apple to a large bowl. Give them a good toss. Add the dressing, 1 tbsp of the parmesan, and a little salt and pepper; toss again. When ready to serve, top with the chopped almonds, crispy chickpeas (you might not use all of them), and more parmesan. Serve and enjoy! Leftovers can be stored without the toppings in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
You can finely shred them by hand with a sharp knife, or add them to a food processor using the shred attachment.