Gluten free and dairy free perfectly crunchy chocolate orange biscotti!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup + 3 tbsp oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted (can sub butter if they don’t need to be dairy free)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
Optional chocolate drizzle:
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, sea salt, and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg with the coconut sugar, orange juice, coconut oil, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until well combined, then fold in the chocolate chips. The dough will be sticky. Set dough in freezer to chill for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle with a little oat flour.
- Turn the chilled dough out onto the floured parchment paper. Get your hands a little damp, then press the dough into an 11-inch by 3- or 4-inch rectangle (it should be about 1/2″ thick).
- Bake for 20 minutes, until edges are slightly golden. Remove from oven (keep the oven on) and allow to cool for 10 minutes. With a sharp knife, carefully slice the log on a slight angle into 1/2-inch biscotti slices.
- Turn each biscotti cut side up and return to the oven for 8-10 minutes, then turn each biscotti over and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes until slightly crisp and golden. The biscotti will continue to crisp up as they cool, so be careful not to over-bake! Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Optional to gently melt 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate and drizzle over the tops of the cookies. Store leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days.