Gluten free biscuit topped pot pie!
For the biscuits:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- More melted butter, for brushing the biscuits
For the filling
- 3 tbsp butter
- ½ of a medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 cup Yukon gold potatoes, diced into small cubed
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup gluten free all-purpose flour (OR sub 3 tbsp arrowroot starch)
- 2 cups bone broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme, stems removed
- About 4 cups shredded (cooked) chicken
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Start by making the biscuit dough. In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, and milk. Stir in the almond flour, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder. Set dough in the refrigerator to chill.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat with the butter. Stir in onion, potatoes, and garlic. Allow to cook for 8 minutes. *if you don’t have an oven-safe skillet, you can transfer everything later to an oven-safe baking dish.
- Next, whisk in the flour, italian seasoning, and salt and pepper then slowly pour in your broth while continuing to whisk. Add your milk of choice and the fresh thyme leaves. Give everything a good stir, then allow to thicken for 5 or so minutes.
- Stir in your frozen mixed vegetables and chicken and allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Using a cookie scoop out 8 biscuits on top of the filling. Brush each biscuit with melted butter.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, until filling is bubbly and biscuits are slightly browned and cooked through. Serve and enjoy!