Easy crispy baked vegetarian tacos with a black bean and sweet potato filling!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 3 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1⁄2 of a white or yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 (15 oz) can Bush’s Beans Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1⁄2 tsp cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Dash of Cayenne, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup salsa of choice
- 2 large handful of baby spinach
- Almond flour or regular flour tortillas
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the sweet potato cubes with 2 tbsp of olive oil and salt and pepper; lay out in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat with 1 tbsp of avocado oil. Sauté diced onion for 3-4 minutes, then stir in the black beans, all of the spices plus salt and pepper to taste, and the salsa. Allow to simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the baby spinach. Mix black bean mixture with the roasted sweet potatoes.
- Add tortillas to a parchment-lined baking sheet and warm them in the oven for 2 minutes. *Note, you can make as many tacos as you’d like, and save any leftover filling for another meal.
- Sprinkle half of each tortilla with cheese (as much or as little as you’d like), and scoop out some of the taco filling on top of the cheese. Fold each tortilla over the filling. Bake for 10-15 minutes and serve with desired toppings.
*If making the filling ahead for later, gently heat the filling before baking the tacos.