This dish is inspired by my favorite appetizer from True Food Kitchen! Perfectly roasted cauliflower with the most amazing harissa tahini sauce, plus a hint of sweet dates and fresh dill.
If you’ve never had this from True Food Kitchen, and this combo sounds random to you, just trust me!! It is truly one of the best sides you will ever make.
Huge bonus that it’s healthy, super easy to make, and allergy friendly. Everyone will devour this- I swear!
The sauce is super simple to make, with just a handful of ingredients. It’s vegan, paleo friendly, and nut free. I think I could eat it on just about anything, but it’s pure perfection with the roasted cauliflower and the chopped dates.
The cauliflower is the only part you need to actually cook, and it just gets a quick roast! Easy, straight-forward, and fool-proof.
If you love this dish from True Food as much as I do, you are going to be in love with this recipe. And if you’ve never had it, I am so excited for you to try this heavenly combination of flavors. Again- just trust me on this one!
The perfect side dish for family gatherings, or just a delicious dinner in at home. I can’t wait to hear what you guys think of this one. Be sure to leave a rating and comment below if you make this, and tag me on Instagram so that I can see your creations! 🙂Print
Inspired by a True Food Kitchen favorite! Perfectly roasted cauliflower with a harissa tahini sauce, dates, and fresh herb.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3–4 dates, pits removed and roughly chopped into small pieces
- Fresh herbs, such as dill and mint (*see note)
Harissa Tahini Sauce
- Juice of 1 small lemon (roughly 2 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp filtered water
- 1 tbsp harissa sauce (I use this one)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the cauliflower florets onto the prepared baking sheet, then toss with the olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Toss until coated well, then roast for 20-25 minutes until slightly charred and crispy.
- While cauliflower is roasting, prepare the dates, fresh herbs, and the tahini sauce. To make the sauce, whisk all of the ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Plate your cauliflower and mix in the fresh dates, then drizzle the harissa tahini sauce and top with fresh herbs. Serve immediately and enjoy!
*True Food Kitchen’s original dish has fresh dill and fresh mint. I like this without the mint and just a little fresh dill, but it’s personal preference!