Inspired by a True Food Kitchen favorite! Perfectly roasted cauliflower with a harissa tahini sauce, dates, and fresh herb.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3–4 dates, pits removed and roughly chopped into small pieces
- Fresh herbs, such as dill and mint (*see note)
Harissa Tahini Sauce
- Juice of 1 small lemon (roughly 2 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp filtered water
- 1 tbsp harissa sauce (I use this one)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the cauliflower florets onto the prepared baking sheet, then toss with the olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Toss until coated well, then roast for 20-25 minutes until slightly charred and crispy.
- While cauliflower is roasting, prepare the dates, fresh herbs, and the tahini sauce. To make the sauce, whisk all of the ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Plate your cauliflower and mix in the fresh dates, then drizzle the harissa tahini sauce and top with fresh herbs. Serve immediately and enjoy!
*True Food Kitchen’s original dish has fresh dill and fresh mint. I like this without the mint and just a little fresh dill, but it’s personal preference!