One-pan, super simple spinach and artichoke chicken. A simple chicken dish in a creamy tomato sauce, perfect for any night of the week!
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 lb of chicken breasts
- 2 tsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5- oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1 (14-oz) can quartered artichokes, drained
- 1 single serve @siggisdairy plain 0% (5.3 oz)
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add 2 tsp of avocado oil.
- Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper, then add to the skillet. cook for 9 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for another 5-8 minutes until chicken is fully cooked, 165°F on a meat thermometer. Times will depend on thickness of your chicken breast. Turn off heat.
- Set chicken breasts aside on a plate, then add the butter to the pan and return to heat. once butter is melted, add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add tomato sauce and yogurt, then stir to combine. stir in spinach, artichokes, parmesan, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt + pepper.
- Add chicken back to the pan. allow everything to cook together for 5-7 minutes. Serve.
I’M OBSESSED! I made this last night and it was SO delicious and sooo easy! It’s becoming one of my weeknight staples for sure. Thank you!!!
This chicken recipe is amazing! I love that it’s all made in one pot and even the hubby approved! This is definitely a staple in our house now.
I made this last night and I LOVE it! So easy and flavorful. This will be a go to meal for me.
Yay! Soo happy to hear that you loved this xoxo
This dish is super hearty and comforting without all the bloating feels. Also, one pan = little cleanup. Love it!
Looks so good! What do you think of swapping the chicken for some salmon?
I think it would be amazing!! I would cook your salmon as you normally would and add it once the sauce is ready to go!
I love this recipe! It’s so easy to throw together even after a long day at work. Definitely one of our faves! I love it on its own or with some rice or roasted broccoli on the side. Also reheats perfectly for a good work week lunch! Thanks Mia! 🙂
Ah this is so great to hear- I absolutely love helping with work week lunch inspo! Thanks so much Tori 🙂
OMG!!! This recipe is amazing and on repeat almost once a week at my house!!! So flavorful and delish. I seriously love every recipe I try from Mia!
This is a new family favorite! We had everyone and made this dish. Everyone couldn’t stop raving about it and now we make it when it’s just the two of us too. Very delicious for how easy it is! I am a huge fan of all your recipes!
This recipe makes an appearance at least once a month in our home! It’s such an easy, healthy weeknight dish to make and my husband loves it. You can also add additional veggies (I add mushrooms/onions on occasion) and any brand of greek yogurt will work!
This is one of my favorite recipes on the blog! I didn’t except how deliciously creamy the yoghurt would make the chicken, and I love the artichokes in it.
This was so good and so easy to make!
We have been making this every week, it is so easy and so good. It’s not heavy but still super satisfying, and Is still just as good for leftovers.
Hello! Do you do chicken tenders or big breasts? Looks delish!
This is delicious! After cooking the chicken I deglazed with a little white wine so the bits in the pan didn’t burn, then added the butter and garlic. My daughter had seconds!