One-pan, super simple spinach and artichoke chicken. A simple chicken dish in a creamy tomato sauce, perfect for any night of the week!
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 lb of chicken breasts
- 2 tsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5- oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1 (14-oz) can quartered artichokes, drained
- 1 single serve @siggisdairy plain 0% (5.3 oz)
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add 2 tsp of avocado oil.
- Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper, then add to the skillet. cook for 9 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for another 5-8 minutes until chicken is fully cooked, 165°F on a meat thermometer. Times will depend on thickness of your chicken breast. Turn off heat.
- Set chicken breasts aside on a plate, then add the butter to the pan and return to heat. once butter is melted, add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add tomato sauce and yogurt, then stir to combine. stir in spinach, artichokes, parmesan, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt + pepper.
- Add chicken back to the pan. allow everything to cook together for 5-7 minutes. Serve.