Grain free, low carb zucchini lasagna roll ups. Both a vegetarian and a meat option!
- 2 large zucchinis, cut with a mandoline into long 1/4″ thick pieces
- Oil spray
- 1 lb grass fed beef (optional for vegetarian; see note to sub turkey or chicken*)
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 10 oz ricotta (dairy free or regular)
- 1 + 1/2 cups marinara sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the zucchini slices flat on the baking sheet and season with salt and light spray with avocado oil. Bake for 12 minutes then set aside to cool.
- While zucchini is cooling, cook the beef in a pan over medium heat with salt, pepper, italian seasoning, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. U se a spoon to break up the meat and cook until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread 1/2 cup of marinara in a 8″ pie dish or 8×8″ baking dish (if doubling, use a 9×13″ baking dish).
- To assemble the roll ups, spread 1-2 tbsp of ricotta on each zucchini piece, then spread about 1 tbsp marinara and about 1 tbsp of the beef.
- Carefully roll up each zucchini “noodle” and set in baking dish on top of marinara. Press each roll up against the other to help keep the roll up closed.
- Pour any remaining marinara over the top then sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melty and slightly browned. Serve and enjoy!
*If subbing ground chicken or turkey, be sure to add a little oil to the pan before cooking to avoid sticking.