Super creamy and nourishing vegan white bean creamy lemon pesto pasta sauce!
- 1 (15.5 oz) can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp vegan pesto
- 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp unsweetened plain almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp water
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Reserved pasta water, as needed
- Make your pasta of choice, and reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water before draining.
- To make the sauce, add all ingredients (besides pasta water) to a blender and blend until very smooth.
- Add sauce to a large sauce pan on low heat to gently heat. Tip: be sure to use a rubber spatula to get all of the sauce out of the blender!
- Add your pasta of choice to the saucepan and stir to combine. Add reserved pasta water as needed to thin the sauce (if needed). Serve and enjoy!