Superfood vegan lemony pesto! Nut free, dairy free, and easy pesto for pasta, veggies, salad, or toast!
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast (can sub with parmesan if you don’t need vegan)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 packed cups fresh basil
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 handful arugula
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (or more, to taste)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup-1/2 cup reserved pasta water.
- Add your pumpkin seeds, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt, and pepper to a food processor. Pulse into a meal (make sure not to over pulse into a paste).
- Add your basil, spinach, arugula, and lemon juice. Turn your food processor on and slowly pour in the olive oil. Process until mostly smooth. Taste and add more lemon juice if desired (I like to add a bit more usually). Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or store in the freezer for longer.
- If serving with pasta, drain your pasta, add desired amount of pesto, then add reserved pasta water to thin as needed.