Chocolate peppermint mocha energy balls! Gluten free, dairy free, and delicious!
- 1 + 1/4 cup walnuts
- 6 dates, pits removed
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coffee grounds (optional or use less for no coffee taste)
- 1.5 tsp peppermint extract (I use this one)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Unsweetened shredded coconut for coating (optional)
- Add walnuts to a food processor and pulse into a crumbly meal. Add all other ingredients and process until a smooth dough forms. Note, walnuts will naturally produce some oils. Try not to over process. If there is excess oil, they may be a little messy to make but they will still turn out delicious .
- Roll into balls, roll in shredded coconut (optional), then store in refrigerator or freezer.