Fluffy and moist chocolate marble banana muffins. Gluten free, grain free, and dairy free!
- 3 ripe and spotty bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (can sub unsalted butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips (or a chopped chocolate bar)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mash your banana. Whisk in the eggs, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt until a smooth batter forms.
- Divide roughly half of the batter into a second bowl.
- Gently melt your chocolate chips in the microwave or on the stove top. Mix the cocoa powder and melted chocolate into one of the bowls with half of the batter.
- Alternate spoonfuls of the regular batter and the chocolate batter in the cupcake liners (I did 2 layers of chocolate and 1 layer of regular batter).
- Use a knife to gently swirl the batters together a bit. Bake for 22-24 minutes, until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Allow to cool for a bit before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days.