Super simple no sugar added orange cashew chicken!
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger or 1 inch piece of fresh ginger minced
- Few good cracks of black pepper
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
For the chicken:
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
For garnish: chives or green onion, sesame seeds
- Whisk all ingredients for the sauce together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Toss the chicken pieces in the tapioca starch until evenly coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the avocado oil, then stir in the chicken and season with 1/2 tsp sea salt. Allow to cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through (about 9-12 minutes).
- Add the sauce and cashews. Reduce heat to a simmer. Allow to simmer until sauce slightly thickens, about 5-7 minutes. Serve with fresh chives and sesame seeds (optional).