Easy healthy pasta bake for 2!
- 2 oz penne pasta (about 3/4 cup cooked), cooked according to box
- 2 precooked chicken sausages, quartered
- 1 cup chopped spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup precooked spaghetti squash (read above for directions)
- ~1/2 jar marinara sauce
- Sea salt + pepper, to taste
- 5–6 thin slices of fresh mozzarella
- Oil for the pan
- Cook pasta according to box directions, strain and set aside.
- Lightly grease the pot the pasta was cooking in, then sauté chicken sausage until slightly crispy.
- Reduce heat to low then stir in spinach and allow to thaw (if frozen). Turn off heat and stir in spaghetti squash, season with salt + pepper.
- Turn off heat and stir in marinara sauce and pasta. Spread mixture out in a small oval baking dish (any small baking dish will work).
- Top with mozzarella slices, then broil on high for about 10 minutes, until cheese is browned and bubbly. Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn!